Thursday, March 3, 2011

'Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All' Promo

Date: March 2, 2011
Source: http://www.donewaiting.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/32.jpg

Critique: The promo piece is obviously done by an amateur. Most likely one of the artist in OFWGKTA. I don't completely hate it because it is a promo poster and it is made intentionally to look like this. The background behind Jimmy Fallon is a great colour. The typefaces used for everything between the top and bottom are weak. It's difficult to read the date. "Jimmy Fallon" isn't centred or stretched evenly. The reason I don't completely hate it could be the fact that I am a fan of their music and I understand their independence. They do not go to anyone for help with their album art, production, direction, etc. They do all of that themselves so I respect that and understand it will be low-quality. The fangs and the eyes are unnecessary, but OFWGKTA are all about doing unnecessary things.

No comments:

Post a Comment